Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

A bit ago we celebrated my moms bday! Hooray for birthdays! Cade sadly wasn't able to make it, he was on a selling trip but my gift to my mom this year partly consisted of me making her dinner. My dad was my assistant and it was actually pretty fun planning things and seeing how they turned out!

I made her coconut & cashew encrusted chicken, pineapple fried rice and yummy green beans....and a cake...

PREPARE YOURSELF...THIS IS THE NASTIEST THING EVER! Those who know me, know I hate things like this and to have it happen on something that was supposed to be so joyous and delicious was an abomination! I don't know how it happened! bleah! I tried my spring form pan which I had never used before...it took an hour to bake...that could have been a part of it somehow?

I guess it turned out better than I expected...I banished the nasty brain part to the bottom which did make me feel a bit better...better enough to continue the bday cake project. I saw a similar 'cake styling' on a blog and thought I'd try my hand..

She liked it anyways...



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! (a while ago) You're the greatest!

5 comments:

  1. Your cake looks so great! What a fun idea woman! You are so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What IS that brain looking thing!?!!? I've never seen that before... that probably means i should bake more. Haha. I think your cake turned out spectacular!!!!!!!!!! You used ALL my favorite things! Mmmmmmm. What a great daughter you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys :) i think the brain thing is an anomaly in the baking world. I have no idea where it came from and I wish the nasty brain bubble on no one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i threw up a little in my mouth at the first picture of your cake... and i am proud of you for continuing on with it, even though it looked like that... it turned out awsome! (even knowing what was underneath) happy bday momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're hot. The brain is not. It seriously freaks me right out. I can't wait to get my sweat on with you....

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails