this is a little before action, I threw some yummy ingredients + the chicken and marinated for about 3 hours! wooh!
this is the after shot, oh so delicious!
Here's the recipe if you folks want to try it out for yourself...
{CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN}
2 chicken breast
1 tsp of seasoning salt
1 tsp of ground black pepper
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (you can use more if you want it spicier, but be careful!)
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of olive oil (i used vegetable oil)
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup chipped fresh cilantro (I didn't really measure an amount I just chopped up however much I wanted, I LOVE cilantro!)
Preheat oven to 350
Defrost chicken (microwave for about 10 min is what I did)
Combine seasoning salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and mix together in a bowl. Rub that seasoning all over that chicken. Get it nice and covered. Then put in a zip lock bag.
Mix lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and cilantro together then add to the zip lock bag.
Marinade those suckers. At least 2 hours, I did for about 3.
After it's done marinading, bake em! I baked them for about 30 minutes and I poured the marinade over the chicken and let them bake together...they'd already been together for 3 hours, why separate them now!
{SWEET POTATO FRIES}
via tia :)
2 sweet taters (i used yams...i think, i can't tell the difference)
1 tbs olive oil (i used vegetable oil)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 425
Wash your taters, leave skin on, then cut them up so they look like fries. Toss the taters in a bowl with the oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
On a baking sheet spread fries in a single layer and roast, stirring every 10 minutes until brown and tender. (about 30/35 minutes)
ENJOY!
p.s. if you are salivating, don't be ashamed :)
was cade peeing his pants? lucky man! chicken looks good ill have to ry it.. and i am craving those fries now, thanks ;) we should share more often, i think.
ReplyDeletei am so so proud of you you little wifey. seriously, i would never do that. okay, well i maybe would. but i never have. or never do. and i am so impressed! and ummmm when did you decide to be the office girl? cuz i didnt know. prob in some of the 5 months i havent talked to you. good thing we have blogs.
ReplyDeletelove you!
britto
Dang girl! I'm totally gonna have to try that! It looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteTosh I love your blog,its my favorite! The recipes look delish I'm going to have to give them a try.
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for the recipes! I'm doing the same thing this summer since neither of us have jobs. It's been fun so far! Maybe I'll share a few recipes as well.... :)
ReplyDeleteDOMESTICATION STATION!!!
ReplyDeletethe word i had to verify to post my above comment, was "doopers" mmwhaaat?
ReplyDeleteYum Tosha!! Looks delish!! Ryan requested I cook more this summer too...hmmm so your chicken looks amazing...i am thinking I may make that in my near future. ps. I was taking a gander at your other posts and had to laugh. Our dog Jack likes to chew things up too. My new slippers, a pair of oakleys, car seat parts and occasionally a little nasty garbage party favors. gross. I leave him home for the summers tho...you make me wish I had brought him out with us.
ReplyDeleteYeah girl...well done, welcome to the world of feeling guilty for not having time time to cook for your man...you'll both get over it in a couple years :)
ReplyDeleteha ha...good to hear :)
ReplyDelete