
I started a cleanse yesterday with my friend Chelsea. I never thought I would ever do a cleanse. When I'd hear of friends doing them, I would admire them but also think they were a bit crazy...I mean who can go without food for 7-10 days!?! Well the time is now here folks, I am now joining the ranks of people who do cleanses. Apparently they are way good for you. But just like anything good for you, it's not the funnest thing. Yesterday I'm pretty sure I ate a total of 25 calories...maybe. I do love vegetables and fruit but I was seriously choking down my food yesterday. The first 2 days of the cleanse you cut out sugar, salt, flour, dairy...pretty much everything but fruits, veggies and distilled water. Then for the next 3 days you just drink this lemon, syrup, water mixture, then you go back to eating just fruits and veggies and then you start to introduce chicken and fish and then dairy etc. Also did I mention you have to take anywhere from 24 to 28 pills a day...yeah, if you know me at all you will know that I HATE swallowing pills. I literally have to shove them down my throat with my finger...so yeah...
Welp, if any of you have done a cleanse or anything like this, now would be a good time to give me success stories and tell me how great they are and how great you look and feel after words. I need all the encouragement I can get! Wish me luck!
P.S. If you have the desire to join me or want to look into it, here is where I got my cleanse.
Michael Picco MD gastroenterology Mayo Clinic says- There is little scientific evidence to support or refute the benefits of cc. Critics say it's generally unnecessary and at times may be harmful. The digestive system & bowel naturally eliminate waste material & bacteria. Your body doesn't need enemas or special diets or pills to do this. It can increase your risk of dehydration, laxitives such as those with sodium phosphate can cause a rise in your electrolytes.
ReplyDeleteTosha, be careful with fads, Moderation in all things is the best advice we have, this is extreeme, please use your better judgement and don't give in to what everyone else is doing. Be safe, healthy, & happy! - love ya, Carolyn
Wow! My sis said exactly what I was thinking and wanted to say (except that I hadn't looked up the Mayo Clinic thought)! Seems to me that I'm seeing more and more young women and mothers who are having serious side effects and end-up being sent for a number of medical tests to determine why they are so ill (and not one of them has confessed/told their Doctor what they've doing! So, I'd add another word to describe 'The Cleanse': Dangerous! (And don't even try to equate it with Fasting - because Fasting and Prayer it's not!)
ReplyDelete--Your Aunt loves you, too!!
This is Cade....Ok you two crazy ladies...it's not like she is breaking the word of wisdom here. Besides Cosmo Kramer uses holistic methods all the time! I have already told her not to operate heavy machinery while doing this. She'll be fine.
ReplyDeleteI did this same cleanse a few years ago when I had just broken up with someone. So I decided why not get rid of him and some toxins? Good thinking right? Haha. Anyway, it was fine. Not terrible, but great either. I wouldn't say I felt a huge difference, other than I still don't like lemonade and cringe every time I see Buddy the Elf slurp down syrup :). But that's just me! It sounds like you are doing it to be healthy, not as some crazy attempt to lose weight so you'll be fine! Let me know how it goes!
ReplyDelete* Correction: Not terrible, but not great either. I should proofread sometimes :)
ReplyDeleteI did this once. (Not exactly this one, but one quite similar it looks like) It was a total waste of my time. And money. And happiness. haha. But for real. I was so anal and moody doing this thing. And....it basically did nothing for me. I had a "holistic" co-worker who did it with me (who is a wee bit nutty btw, and if you're interested in a colon cleanse I'll hook you up with her). Good luck is all I say.
ReplyDeleteyou + chel = crazies
ReplyDeletebut not for all the reasons stated above. just cause I could never go without food and chocolate (yes that is another category) that long...
still love you both, ya crazy texans
:)