
This is pretty much what abilene looks like currently, its been a while since they made any changes to the place. Well they've added a walmart so I guess they're current enough.
Good thing I have other things to keep me busy, I haven't been bored once! I'm just glad to be done with school and work and never sleeping bc of those things that I'm just soaking in the "laziness"...maybe i'll change my mind later on in the summer? I am the office assistant for the office out here, but they haven't had much for me to do yet. Cade decided to try his hand at selling alarm systems. Here he is on his first day of work...so proud :) Who could resist a face like this!

His first week was a good one, he got some good experience...he was slowed up a bit when he found out he wasn't licensed at all due to some weird glitch, so he got a day off {i definitely enjoyed that} but then they got it figured out quick and he was back at it! The last day of the week he finally got his first sell out here! GO HUSBAND! {Road Trippin}

Nix loved the adventure of our road trip. She took everything in and was down for whatev. Skull danger on the other hand was surprisingly needy! {well, I guess we weren't really surprised} She refused to stay in the back with Nixon. Sometimes nix didn't want to be in the back either! 
We drove from about 2pm the first day to about midnight that night. We stayed at a motel 6 wooh! Luckily they allowed pets. 
{this was one of kitty's calmer moments}
We meant to take a picture of every state sign as we passed them, but this is the only one we ever managed. The second day we started driving around 9 am and we arrived safe and sound in Abilene at about 4 am. Cade went to work that same day. He's nuts, but that's why I love him. :){Tragedies of the First Week}
Poor kitty was devastated when nixie pooh was left home for a small amount of time the first day and ate up her favorite toy. Nix looks a little sorry. Now take a deep breath. The real tragedy of the week.


Yes people {the two of you that read this} my dear beloved camera is injured...injured real bad. I thought the fall I took with her in Switzerland was all she could take, but apparently she is a fighter. She still works! But looks very ghetto. Fa-reaking nix had a good time chompin on her. I had left my camera on the table. She somehow got it off the table and dragged it all the way in to the front room. I cringe just thinking about it. She likes a plastic consistency I guess. She's already chewed up two pairs of sunglasses. wanker. I'm just glad my camera still works. I guess now I have an excuse to get a new lense, right! Think positive!Now for Cade's Tragedy...
The stove top we have cooks things very quickly.
Cade was in the mood for his grilled chz, so being a good wife I tried making him one. I failed fa sho. Mine's the really burnt one in the back. Then Cade, thinking he was the grilled chz expert gave it a whack...his burnt too. He was very frustrated. He claims he had never ruined a grilled chz in his whole life.
I guess there's a first for everything. We finally mastered the grilled cheese after the third time, third times a charm! Despite all the tragedies, our first week in Abilene has been a good one. We are excited for our new adventure together and I'll try and keep you posted of every excited detail!
i love this! you guys are so much fun, and i miss you lots!
ReplyDeleteI barfed. and then I cried. and then I thought, YAY NEW LENSE! haha!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are amazing. I miss you guys.
Tosh. Did you take all those pics at the first?? If so, you are amazing. How did you learn to take such good pictures? Maybe I'll have to hire you to take some shots of my child. Someday when I see you again. So sorry your camera got chewed up. I get mad when Trey poops on my shirt... so I kind of understand your pain. :)
ReplyDeleteha ha...kim the poop on the shirt part made me laugh. ya, broken lense and poop on shirt are pretty much the same thing :) And yes I did take those photos and thank you for the compliment! I'm not as profesh as I'd like to be, i'm still learning, but yes baby Trey pictures are in order :)
ReplyDeleteahaha, you guys are hilarious. We love and miss yor guts. Good luck in...abilene?? wtf? Like to say we'll come visit, but maybe dont count on it :) good luck though, Cade will kick butt
ReplyDeletexoxo,
P&M
ha ha...ya abilene rocks! you should totally come visit! They have a HUGE, historical post office we could take you to! miss you guys too of course. :)
ReplyDeletethat makes me wanna puke (your camera) I am so happy it still works. its those little reasons, that are actually huge, that make me hesitate that i really want a dog some day. and a kid... what? no just kidding.
ReplyDeleteoh, and i want your picture of logan road, <3 that
ReplyDeletetia just right click and choose save image as and the pic is yours.
ReplyDeletetosh! i cant believe you guys are already out there! so weird. wish we were living this little experience with you...well almost! instead we are in little Boise. and jacob is plowing the garden as i speak...hahaa. love you! and what state is Abilene in?? texas? weird. seriously. im so sad about your camera!
yes, britt you should totally be out here with us in good ole texas. texas just isn't the same without you! Love your face! you cute little idaho garden plowers :)
ReplyDeleteand tia, I'll email you the original pic. you could right click and save as, but it usually isn't the best quality that way.
love you both!
right. if i print it, it will be fuzzy unless i get the OG. so, i am still waiting for my copy, ah-thank you. britt, get on it!! obviously texas is the place to be.. get there.
ReplyDelete