Friday, March 4, 2011

Nifty Thrifty...in the name of books!

Photobucket

I went thrifting again and look what I found! A pile of books! Yay! I love a good book for $1.50, don't you! I've been thrifting many times, but I had yet to search for books. Sure glad I did. I love historical fiction and although I'd never heard of some of these books, they looked like they might be interesting. And hey, if I didn't like them, it was only a buck fifty! I've read one so far, it was about Queen Katherine of Aragon. She was the first wife of King Henry VIII. If you don't recall, he was the horny King of Englad in the 1500's who had a billion wives and created the Church of England. It was an interesting book! I really liked it. My favorite book find was The Nutmeg Tree, by Margery Sharp. I had never heard of that book or the author, I just got it because of the cloth bound-old-beautifulness of it. Yes, I did judge this book by its cover, bah bah bah. It turns out though that Margery Sharp wrote the book that inspired the Disney movie, Rescuers Down Under! I'm looking forward to reading the book more now.

And now please enjoy an awesome stop-motion vid, Organizing the Bookcase.



side note*
I love all the different ways people organize their bookshelves, check this site out to see how different people arrange their books. Don't let the site name scare you away, believe me when I first googled this site, I crossed my fingers nothing questionable would come up. You just never know these days! Anywho, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Dang! Those are awesome finds. The Other Boleyn Girl is one of my favorite books. I just barely got the second one in the series and am excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is too funny. I have been working on a post about all the books that I have gotten from the DI and I actually made the same comment, "judge a book by its cover". I am hoping to post it soon, but can't find my camera cord to upload the pics. But I love the DI, we should go together.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails