
Faceted Drawer Pulls | Lamp | Pebble Erasers | Marc Jacob Studs | Origami Animals | Hive Candles | Honeycomb Shelves | Rings
One of my current crushes is geometric, faceted, beehive-esk shapes and patterns! Don't quite know what to call it. But you get the picture. I've seen a few different people try their hand at these Marc Jacobs Studs and I thought I'd try it out too! I got most of my instructions for this project from the cool blog Dismount Creative.

Supplies:
Fimo oven-bake clay. (I got white, transparent and a coral color that I haven't used yet)
Razor Blade
Acrylic paint
Paint brush
Earring posts
Chain (for necklaces)
Clear Glaze (for the glittery and colorful ball earring studs)
Basic jewelry tools (clamper, small nosed pliers, wire clippers)
Jewelry Glue

I formed the clay into square shapes then just hacked away with my razor blade until I got the right amount of faceting. I made a few beads too, I have plans to make a necklace similar to this one. After I was done making the shapes and poking the holes for the beads, I baked them in the oven at 230 for 30 minutes. If you do try this project, it doesn't tell you on the clay package instructions, but the clay does set fully during the cooling process. That lasts about 20/30 minutes.

I made four different colors. You can't really see the difference between the two different gold-ish ones, but there's a silvery metallic gold color, a coppery gold, black and white.

I also made these two pair of earrings. I had these random small colorful tiny ball things that I baked into the clay and then once it had all hardened I glazed it. I did the same thing with the glittery ones. I don't know yet if these will work out. I'll have to see if the glaze helps the glitter and ball things stay on. But I think they look kinda cool.
With the beads I made these lil beauties. The necklace with the white bead is on a longer chain, about 32 inches. The bead is on an 18 inch chain. I can't wait to wear these!


I had to figure out how to thread the chain through this bead. I finally came up with a way but I'm sure there are actual tools that help you thread chain and stuff, but I didn't need it! I have never made jewelry (unless you count boondoggle :) so I didn't know quite what I was doing, but I think I could learn to like it! More projects to come from this for sure!
It's electric! (do - do - do - da - do...)
ReplyDelete(electric slide!)
As usual, I'm impressed. If someone handed me all those materials I wouldn't even come close to making cool stuff like you! Well done, T, well done.
Um ok you are so cute and crafty woman! I want some of these so bad!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this jewelry!! They would lovely at BFA ;)
ReplyDeletetosh, these are awesome! way to be.
ReplyDelete