I had to work yesterday and what did I see as soon as I clocked in...a whole big batch of beautifully decorated cookies and treats. Good thing I remembered it was April fools. I definitely didn't eat one, but about half the batch was gone by the end of my shift. I wonder what was added to the batch! The makers of the treats were very cryptic and refused to say anything. I guess the joke could have been that there was no joke and the cookies were safe. I still didn't risk it though :)
I love hearing about all different ways people took advantage of this playful day. Sometimes I feel a little bit bad for the victims, like my poor friend Kimi, her husband gets her good every year. He is merciless. Read here.
There were some good ones this year around the interweb. Google motion was one...
Another favorite was the 'comic-sans helvetica swap! If you typed in helvetica your search resulted in every designers favorite typeface, good ole comic sans.

(in case you didn't quite catch the sarcasm, comic sans may just be the most disliked typeface.) If you want to ruffle a designers feathers, go ahead and tell them that you just LOVE comic sans and you would love nothing more for them to design your next project with ONLY comic sans. I have a friend named Mitch who seriously hates the poor lil typeface. He even threatened to disown a family member who admitted to loving the font. (names have been blurred to protect the innocent)

check out some more April fools fun here.
Apparently Home Depot also took part in the April fool's fun. They did a joke re-brand. I think they really should! It looks good! What do you think? Check it out.
Hope all you out there had a fun day too! If you saw or experienced any good ones, please share!
Tosha! I found you via fb. Ha! I love your blog... it's very pretty and inspirational. I feel kindred to you thanks to our similar tastes now :)
ReplyDelete