
Hi friends! It's been a while since my last post. We are still in the midst of the craziness of moving (yes! We moved to a wonderful new place which we love-i'll post pictures when I have things all unpacked) and getting our internet set up and such, but I'd just like to share something with you all. Breakfast. Ever heard of it people? It's amazing! Yes, you probably already knew this. But a couple months ago, I was never the breakfast type. I never ate breakfast. Since my new healthy lifestyle change I've picked up the habit :) I'm at the point in my diet where I'm eating pretty much anything I want except for sugar. That means, dairy, all fruits and veggies, and yes..carbs! Yum. So along with introducing all my old favorites I've decided I should try foods I've never tried or used to hate...hey maybe I'll like them now! So I'll keep you posted on that. But something that I've tried and now love is greek yogurt. I'd never ever been a fan of plain yogurt, let alone greek yogurt which is a lot thicker and a lot less sweet, but now I have it almost every day!

Just throw some berries on and you're good! I'm sad berry season is coming to a close, what will I do!

I haven't had one drop of sugar (other than natural sugars that is) since May. I'm pretty proud of myself :) I never thought I could do it! Something I've found that is a good substitute is cinnamon. I sprinkle some on my fruit and greek yogurt and it hits the spot!

I've been so stoked with my introduction of bread (carbs) into my diet! (I went just over 100 days without bread or carbs) I know PB&J isn't a breakfast item, but it was one of my first bread-food-meal-things I ate. I used homemade (well, self-ground at the store) peanut butter and homemade raspberry jam. And I know you are probably thinking to yourself right now, "Wow, this girl talks a lot about food!" Well, if you'd gone without all these foods for a while you would be enjoying it as much as I am right now too!

So along with whole grain bread (which I never liked before) I now eat healthy cereal! Kashi has a great many selection of awesomely-yummy cereals. You should try em out!

While I'm on my whole, adventuresome-try-new-things eating thing, I thought I might as well try out the "other" milks that are out there. It seems to be the thing to do these days, so why not right!? I have almond milk in my fridge right now ready to be partaken of, but the first "other" milk I grabbed was vanilla coconut milk...yuuuum! Yes, it is as good as it sounds...which is good. Way good. I still drink my good ole skim milk if I want a glass of milk, but as far as using milk in recipes or my cereal, "other" milks taste just lovely.
Okay, I'll stop with my food raving for now. That's what I've been enjoying lately. Have you, my reader friend, tried anything new lately that I should add to my list? If so, share!
oh my yum. I need all of these things in my kitchen right now! Do I want to go out the grocery store to get them though...not really. I need to eat healthy like you! I'm so proud of you, especially for doing it while working at a yummy place like Chilis...talk about a tough chick!
ReplyDeleteyou are so good tashy! i didnt know you were doing a special diet! i want to hear all a bout it! these breakfasts looks so yummy! i love greek yogurt..
ReplyDelete