
I actually did it. I made jam. I used the berries we bought coming home from Cade's birthday adventure. For some reason I always thought that on the day of my life that I actually made jam, I would have finally reached adulthood...well the peak of my domesticality ( i don't think that's a real word ) Well folks...I guess I am there. I feel so grown up! Making jam actually was pretty simple and maybe I won't count myself an adult just yet (I wouldn't want to get too ahead of myself) but I really liked it and now I have the jammin bug in me and I want to make more!

So hopefully you'll be seeing similar posts like this in the near future! My jamming future plans include, strawberry (of course), a mixed berry (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry), peach and I even want to try some funky jams out, like a jalepeno jelly, strawberry rhubarb and a honey lime mango berry swirl! Yes you heard right! Sounds yummy huh! So yes, my jamming future does look pretty bright and aspirational, we'll have to see how well I do. I'll definitely let you know. I gave a few lil bottles to some family members tonight and of course had to perk them up a bit, so I crafted some cute lid stickers and some labels to tie around the lid.


I printed the lid labels out on sticker paper and the tags I printed on some textured off-white card stock (why my paper selection should interest you, I do not know. For some reason I feel it's important-I'm just weird like that) If you happen to be making some raspberry jam yourself soon here are some labels you can print off for yourself!

For labels on the left download HERE & for labels on the right download HERE
The recipe I used is way simple and easy. I just did the freezer kind. You can find the recipe here among many other delightful flavors. If you do make some jam, please share how it went! Or at least give me some :)
these are so fabulous. And when Harry Potter comes out we need to redbox it and watch it and catch up and all that great stuff because i miss you too!!
ReplyDeleteHah, I just posted my jam post too! We are so similar, even with making the cute tags and such. Yours are way more creative though! I will have to save yours for the next time I make some.
ReplyDelete