Good news, I am now in stage "introduce dairy, nuts and more saturated fats to my diet!" Whoop! It has been a long hard 80 days (yes, I was counting) without ALOT of the yummy foods I love. I'm still not eating carbs, sugar or some starches yet BUT I get to eat dairy!!! And avocados...yuuuum. This is way exciting I tell you. Way exciting! I am more than ready to move onto my next phase in this lame diet I made myself do :) But I'm so glad that I did what I did. It has taught me how to eat better, how to appreciate the foods that I do eat, portion control (ugh) and I've actually tried a lot of foods I normally wouldn't have tried (due to the fact I could barely eat anything!) I will definitely keep you all posted on my continued health kick I seem to be on :) I love the healthy life changes I've made! I feel SO much better and SO much healthier! I can't believe I have been off sugar for over 80 days now. That has got to be some sort of record!
Way back when, when I first announced the beginnings of my new way of living and eating and being, I promised to post recipes. Well, I haven't been very good at that, so I will start posting more! Here's the first of the many to come! I had cottage cheese, peaches and slivered almonds last night as my late night snack. I just put 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, a sliced up peach and a sprinkle of almonds together in a bowl and VOILA a yummy healthy snack! It's actually pretty filling too!
Yum yum yum. I had the most delicious peach the other day, so I am thinking this snack is going to be a winner. Also, I remember you doing a painting of avocados on time, so I am very happy that you can eat them now. Good job sticking to your diet, that's a big deal, especially in summer when there seems to be food and parties EVERYWHERE!!
ReplyDelete