Thursday, January 13, 2011

Apparently you can't take your dagger...

Let me tell you a little random fact about Cade. For some reason he has a larger than necessary "b-list" weapon collection. They probably could do some damage, but let me just say that if someone broke into our house, I'd have NO idea how to properly throw a ninja star and the burglar would win. It might be a better idea for me to just hold the throwing stars in a convincing ninja position and just tell the 'breaker and enterer' that I knew how to use them in hopes intimidation would work better than the actual weapon in my hands. Pictured below are all of Cade's weapons that I know of. Randomly another dagger will pop up and he'll add it to his little collection on our window seal. (i'll come back to this in a second) He keeps them on the window seal by our bed for "protection". I guess it is better than nothing, but like I said before, no idea how to use them....or I'd feel weird trying to stab someone with a 3 inch somewhat-dull dagger. Just sayin.
Photobucket

Ok, back to Cade randomly finding and acquiring new weapons. Cade works at a youth detention facility as a youth counselor and occasionally will go on what is called an aiport run. He takes the kids to the airport and has to see them through security and make sure they get on the plane and stuff whenever they are flying home. This particular time, Cade had brought his backpack filled with his laptop and other time passing activities. When he went through security what did they find? Oh, just one of his daggers. He was surprised that it was in there because he knowing he had to go to the airport he had specifically taken out all his other weapons and some scissors! But this one small dagger had hidden itself in an obscure pocket and was discovered by the metal x-ray machine. So Cade had to wait in one of those glass booth things where they detain people, while the troubled youth he was supposed to be watching and taking care of was waiting for him outside of the security check area. What a little criminal I'm married to. They finally let him go of course and they did let him mail his dagger home. Just recently we received some exciting mail.
Photobucket
Yep, a small fine. Oh, goodie! It sucks that we have to pay a lame-o fine for an innocent mistake, but it does make for one funny story to tell the future kiddos!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Steve is going to LOVE this story! That is so funny! It makes it even funnier that he was escorting the "criminal"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty great! I got caught with a leatherman in my backpack once that I had forgotten about and they let me mail it home with no fine? does Cade still have his mustache, because maybe that pushed them over the edge? :) I think it's cute that you are so well protected while you sleep, and about high time you just took ninja lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my blog is not showing that your blog has been updated, hence the mass comments. But I love this story. You guys have the most random crap happen. Me loves it.

    "1(one) double edge dagger"--crackin me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the family will be talking about this for a long time! We're glad Cade wasn't locked-up - but sorry for the fine!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails