
I'd actually had my eye on this Ikea clock for a while and my thrifted clock somehow reminded me of it...just a little bit.

The only real problem with my lil thrifted clock was that the hands hung limply pointing towards the bottom and I, having no clock cobbling skills, had no idea what to do. Lucky for me, my pappy used to make clocks as a hobby, so he fixed my clock right up! When he was done he pronounced that, "it had a healthy ticker!" (ha ha, get it!) I decided I wanted to update its face, give it a face-lift, if you will and paint it yellow. I'm thinking of doing my office/workspace/create-space black, white, grey and yellow so I think the clock will fit in quite nicely.

The whole process took me maybe 2 hours total. Not too shabby. My favorite things about finding this clock and fixing it up myself is how inexpensive it was (only 1 dollar! I already had the spray paint) and because I put my love and effort into making it pretty, I liked it more than if I were to just buy one.

oh my gosh! I want it! Next time you go thrifting I want to come yes?
ReplyDeleteNice work sis!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome! That is all I have to say.
ReplyDeleteNice work T! I am thoroughly impressed. I have been wanting a cool bookshelf for cheap, you should work on that... :) and I want to come see your house too! The little tid bits of snapshots looking mighty awesome.
ReplyDeletelooks awesome! you are so creative and talented. know this yet? and, I don't mind mentioning that 7-up bottle is totally RAD... ;) You need to come re-do my work space, because it sucks except for a tosha bohman orignal photo hanging above my desk... that makes me want to surf.
ReplyDeleteTosha, I love it! We should go to the DI together, I love finding sweet stuff and making it new! We should craft!
ReplyDeleteWell done my love! You are so great and so thrifty! Let's go together next time!
ReplyDeleteWell done! We're thrilled with your creative energy!
ReplyDelete